Requirements for Submission of Articles
- The article should be written preferably with human interest angle to engage and elicit appropriate actions and decisions from the intended readers. However, the article must not elicit controversy but instead must enhance understanding and educate the readers about the theme.
- The article has not been published previously or currently under consideration for publication in other magazine of any language.
- The article must be submitted in Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx), not in PDF format through the submission platform.
- The article must not exceed 4 pages, using A4-size paper, single-spaced, and should already include both text and graphics (please refer to specific guidelines on graphics below) relevant to the article. The article should not exceed the total word count of 2,500 words.
- Both text and graphics file size If any, should not exceed 2 MB.
- The article shall be subject to editing and could be shortened by the editor in agreement with the writer to fit space available during the production of the Magazine. The final version of the article will be agreed upon by the author and editorial team.
- Information sources, if to be cited in the article, must be put in parenthesis. Complete citation of information sources must be listed in the last page of the article for validation of RECFON AWESOME Editorial Board. Harvard citation system should be used.
- Author’s statement in relation to No. 2 should accompany the submission of the article.
Font Type and Size
- The title of the article must use Arial font type, 12 point-size, bold style. First letter of each word must be in upper case
- The text of the article must be typewritten using Arial font type and 11 point-size
Margin, paragraphing and spacing
- The article must maintain a 1-inch margin for all sides of the A4 paper
- Texts must be in single spacing
- New paragraph must begin with indention and be separated by double line spacing from previous one.
- Paragraphs must not be left margin justified
- The article may include at most four (4) high quality relevant graphics which could either be photographs, screenshots, diagrams, inforgraphics, and graphs
- The author holds the rights to publish the pictures/graphics that would accompany his/her article and must have already obtained the permission from the subjects depicted therein.
- References (if any) should be included in the graphic/pictures using the Harvard citation system.
- The graphics must be saved with little or no compression in PNG or JPEG format. They must not be embedded in the text but rather in separate pages.
- Each graphic must have a clear caption and have instruction from the author where they prefer the graphic/picture be included in the article.